Korvai Kanjivaram Sarees in brilliant colour Combinations and designs
What is a Korvai Kanjivaram Saree?
A long time ago around the 15th century, from South India, emerged one of the most prestigious art, the weaving of Kanjivaram Sarees
Today, From the House of Singhanias, we would love to take you through a journey of Korvai Kanjivarams, possibly the most significant technique of Kanjivaram weaving.
Korvai in Tamil means, "in Sync" and is the art of getting two unconnected colors together, making them align, joining them with knots. In fact, one can feel the knot when we run our fingers along the joint.
The Kanjivaram weavers are considered to be direct descendants of sage Markendeya, the weaver of Gods.
SAREES AND THEIR SPECIFICS
1) Fiery Orange Korvai Kanjivaram Silk Handloom Saree | Singhania's | Singhania's (singhanias.in)
Embedded with delicate gold poo buttas, this orange korvai kanchipuram silk saree is handwoven with contrast midnight blue pallu and border adorned with Annapakshi (swan) motifs.
2) Grey Korvai Kanjivaram Silk Handloom Checkered Saree | Singhania's (singhanias.in)
Crafted in Eiyam grey, this silver and gold Checkered korvai kanjivaram saree is handwoven with contrast violet pallu and retta pettai border, embedded with dainty gold pavunpet pattern.
3) Soft Grey Korvai Kanjivaram Silk Handloom Saree | Singhania's | Singhania's (singhanias.in)
This is an oatmeal white korvai kanjivaram silk handloom saree that is accentuated with intricate floral jaal design, which has a contrast red border and pallu woven with gold zari manga motifs.
4) 246623 - Aubergine Kanjivaram Silk Handloom Saree | Singhania's (singhanias.in)
Handcrafted with gold checks, adorned with mayil (peacock) motifs, this coffee kottai (coffee brown) korvai kanjivaram saree is accentuated with contrast orange pallu and a retta pettai border with Yanai (elephant) and Kuthirai (Horse) motifs.
5) 247879 - Sunshine Yellow Korvai Kanjivaram Silk Handloom Saree | Singhania's | Singhania's (singhanias.in)
This Mambazham (Mango) yellow checkered korvai kanjivaram silk saree is handwoven with a contrast pink and green retta pettai pattern ganga - jamuna border and pallu.
6) 242433 - Dual Toned Pink Korvai Kanjivaram Silk Handloom Saree | Singhania's | Singhania's (singhanias.in)
This Korvai kanjivaram silk handloom saree is crafted in the hue of dual-toned pink, accentuated with a contrast rekku and retta pettai patterned navy blue border and pallu adorned with gold zari.