What is Ajrakh?
Ajrakh print sarees are a type of traditional Indian saree that uses a unique block printing technique. "Ajrakh" comes from the Arabic word "Azrak," which means blue, and refers to the indigo colour used extensively in this type of printing—Ajrakh print sarees made in the Kutch region of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
Ajrakh silk sarees are known for their intricate designs, bold colours, and high-quality craftsmanship. People choose these sarees for special occasions such as weddings and festivals because of their unique beauty and cultural significance. If you are interested in purchasing Ajrakh sarees, you can find them online or in specialty shops that sell traditional Indian clothing.
How is Ajrakh Printing done?
The process of making an Ajrakh saree is very intricate and time-consuming. It involves several stages of washing, dyeing, and printing using natural dyes such as indigo, madder, and pomegranate. The printing uses wooden blocks carved with intricate designs, and each block is dipped in dye and stamped onto the fabric multiple times to create the desired pattern.
What are the different collections of ajrakh saree silk?
Several collections of ajrakh sarees in silk, each with a unique style and design. Here are some of the famous groups:
- ● Classic Ajrakh Silk Sarees: These sarees feature traditional ajrakh patterns and motifs in bold and bright colours. The designs often include geometric shapes, floral patterns, and intricate borders.
- ●Bandhani Ajrakh Silk Sarees: These sarees combine traditional ajrakh printing with bandhani, a tie-dyeing method. The result is a stunning saree with a unique blend of patterns and colours.
- ●Shibori Ajrakh Silk Sarees: Shibori is another Japanese tie-dyeing technique often used to create unique patterns on ajrakh silk sarees. These sarees have a distinct texture and are available in various colours.
- ●Kalamkari Ajrakh Tussar Silk Sarees: Kalamkari is an ancient Indian art form that involves hand-painting or block-printing designs onto fabric. Kalamkari ajrakh silk sarees characterise the intricate hand-painted designs and motifs block-printed onto the saree.
- ●Indigo Ajrakh Silk Sarees: Indigo is a natural dye commonly used to create shades of blue and purple on ajrakh silk sarees. These sarees often feature intricate patterns and motifs in shades of indigo and other deep hues.
Each collection of sarees with an ajrakh print has unique charm and beauty. They are popular among Indian women for their elegance and timeless appeal.
The tradition of ajrakh bandhani saree in Indian ethnic wear
The ajrakh bandhani saree is often made from high-quality cotton or silk and adorns intricate designs, including geometric patterns, floral motifs, and paisley designs. The colours used in ajrakh bandhani sarees are often bold and vibrant, including shades of red, blue, green, and yellow.
The history of the silk ajrakh saree dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization, where it was used to create colourful textiles. Today, ajrakh bandhani sarees are considered a symbol of Indian culture and tradition and have also become a favourite choice of women for special occasions such as weddings, festivals, and religious ceremonies.
In addition to their beauty and intricate designs, ajrakh bandhani sarees are of great value because of their durability and long-lasting quality. They are often passed down from generation to generation as family heirlooms and loved by everyone for their rich history and cultural significance.
Buy the ajrakh print saree online at Singhania's
Singhanias presents a collection of ajrakh silk sarees online, curated with care and love. These sarees come with trending and classic prints that instantly uplift your ensemble for the occasion. So, this is your place if you are searching for that perfect green ajrakh saree or a printed pink ajrakh tussar silk. It’s time for ajrakh saree online shopping!
Questions and Answers